Running has been a growing in popularity across the Philippines over the last decades. The landscape of running has changed over time. Runners are looking for more destinations not only in Metro Manila but to other regions as well. For many runners, it is becoming much more about participation, personal achievement, and having an amazing experience rather than chasing the time. A lot of participants are looking forward too where they can do “runcation”.
With this concept in mind, Davao Ultrarunners Club, Inc. (DUC) together with BBGRun Events came up with the idea of organizing a running event in Davao City -the most progressive city in the island of Mindanao.
Before you proceed, please take note this is a GREEN Run. Please read the details below.
It’s Time To Fly Davao City!
Experience a race around the country’s biggest and more progressive city as we build on the tradition of the premier racing event of Davao City. Davao International Marathon comes in the full and half marathon distance, 10K and Kids Categories. It’s a run for all ages and all fitness level.
Event Name: Hoka One One Davao International Marathon 2020
Date: March 08, 2020
Venue: Davao City
1. Online Registration : Opens Dec 15, 2019
Online registration link: https://myrunti.me/register#/dim-2020
2. Onsite Registration: Opens Dec 10, 2019
– Podium Multisport, Davao City
– Toby’s Sports, Abreeza Mall, Davao City
Category Early Bird | Regular
42KM P1,800 P2,000
21KM P1,600 P1,800
10KM P1,000 P1200
5KM P600 P800
3km Kids (no pacer) P500 (Reg opens January)
2km Kids (with pacer) P500 (Reg opens January)
Early Bird: Dec 10, 2019- Dec 31, 2019
Regular : Jan 1, 2020 – Jan 31, 2020
Senior Citizen 20%
● 42km Inclusions: Event Singlet, Finisher Polo Shirt, Hoka Finisher medal, Bib, Drawstring bag, Hoka RFID Bracelet, Finisher Hoka Towel, Sports Bottle, Post Race Meal
● 21km Inclusions:Event Singlet, Finisher Shirt, Hoka Finisher medal, Bib, Drawstring bag, Hoka RFID Bracelet, Finisher Hoka Towel, Sports Bottle, Post Race Meal
● 10km Inclusions: Event Singlet, Finisher Shirt, Finisher medal, Bib, Drawstring bag, Hoka RFID Bracelet, Sports Bottle,Post Race Snacks
● 5km Inclusions: Event Singlet, Finisher medal, Bib, Drawstring bag, Hoka RFID Bracelet, Sports Bottle,Post Race Snacks
●3km kids Inclusions (7-10yrs old): Bib, Event Singlet, Finisher medal
●2km Kids Inclusions: Bib, Event Singlet, Finisher medal
42km 02:00 AM
21km 04:00 AM
10km 05:00 AM
5km 06:00 AM
3km Kids (no pacer) 07:00 AM
2km Kids (with pacer) 07:30AM
3km Kids (no pacer) 1hr
2km Kids (with pacer) 1hr
Awarding and Raffle: 09:00 AM
Race Kits Claiming Options:
– Shipping (Online)
– Partial Claiming
Full kit Inclusions (Sports Bottle, RFID Bracelet) will only be available a week prior to the event. Schedule will be announced soon. Meanwhile, Singlets and bib can be shipped (Online reg) or claimed base on schedule. We will be sending singlets and bibs in advance for onsite kit claiming.
What is GREEN Run?
Davao International Marathon is a GREEN Race. No cups would be provided in the aid stations. We encourage the runners to use a hydration pack/ reusable cups or the sports bottle included in the race kit. Together, we can reduce the added wastage from the common practice of using disposable cups.
GUIDELINES/RULES & REGULATIONS
1. Runners should be at the Assembly Area not later than the announced gunstart. We will only give 5-mins grace period after the gun start for those runners who will arrive late, after which, they will be declared DID NOT START (DNS) and will no longer be allowed to join the race. The race will proceed rain or shine.
2. This is a green race, NO DISPOSABLE CUPS will be provided at the aid/water station.
3. Runners are advised to be extra vigilant on vehicles approaching on their FRONT and BACK. To be safe, run/stay on the farthest side of shoulder of the road.
4. Runners’ Bib Number should be pinned and must be worn on the front of the body, unfolded for visibility at all times.
5. MANDATORY GEARS: Race bib and Timing chip, Hydration bottle, Headlight or flash light (42/21km), reflective vest or shirt with reflective strips (42/21km). It is still dark during the start of the race and these items are needed for the safety of each runner. Some sections of the route are not well lit that might still need the aid of the mandatory gears.
6. Grounds for Disqualifications
• Gross disrespect of fellow runners or race officials
• Incomplete mandatory gear during random checkpoints
• Cheating or sabotage of race signage
• Not following prescribed route
7. Maintain the Integrity of the Race. Runners are “deputized” to report any suspicion of cheating during the race. The RD has the authority to declare disqualification to any runner before, during and after the race.
8. In case of emergency or report of a DNF, a runner/support crew can contact Cell Phone no. 09190004472/0926698828 through call or text message stating the runner’s location and nature of emergency/cause of DNF.
9. Mandatory Drop Out: Medical staff and aid station captains have the authority to pull a runner from the event should they deem it unsafe for the runner to continue. The runner must comply with this decision.
10. In case of complaint or protest, the participant shall submit a written complaint with a protest fee of P1,000 stating the facts and basis of complaints. If complains is successful, the amount shall be refunded back to the runner. Protest must be filed before the awarding ceremony on the event day.
12. No more kit claiming after the program on the race day. (10AM, March 8, 2020)
13. Any infraction or violation of these guidelines/rules and regulations shall be dealt with accordingly and the RD shall immediately impose decision on such violation. The RD’s decision is FINAL.