Running has been a growing in popularity across the Philippines over the last decades. The landscape of running has changed over time. Runners are looking for more destinations not only in Metro Manila but to other regions as well. For many runners, it is becoming much more about participation, personal achievement, and having an amazing experience rather than chasing the time. A lot of participants are looking forward too where they can do “runcation”.
With this concept in mind, Davao Ultrarunners Club, Inc. (DUC) together with BBGRun Events came up with the idea of organizing a running event in Davao City -the most progressive city in the island of Mindanao.
Event Name: Davao International Marathon 2019 Powered by Taiwan Excellence
Date: March 10, 2019
Venue: Davao City
Before you proceed, please take note this is a GREEN Run. Please read the details below.
Category Early Bird Regular
42KM P1,800 P2,000
21KM P1,400 P1,550
10KM P800 P850
5KM P750 P800
Early Bird : 15 Dec 2018- 15 Jan 2019
Regular : 16 Jan 2019 – 20 Feb 2019
Senior Citizen 30%
● 42km Inclusions: Event Shirt, Finisher Shirt, Finisher medal, Bib/Timing, Amihan
Limited Edition Golite, Drawstring bag, Post Race Meal
● 21km Inclusions: Event Shirt, Finisher Shirt, Finisher medal, Bib/Timing, Drawstring
bag, Post Race Meal
● 10km Inclusions: Event Shirt, Finisher medal, Bib/Timing, Post Race Snacks
● 5km Inclusions: Event Shirt, Finisher medal, Bib/Timing, Post Race Snacks
1. Online Registration : https://reg.goorahna.com/#/event/dim-2019
2. Onsite Registration:
– Podium Multisport, Davao City
– LTimeStudio, Abreza Mall, Davao City
– TwinGym, Cabaluna Street, Panabo, Davao
Race Kits Claiming Venue : TBA
What is GREEN Run?
In an effort to reduce the waste and littering we have all seen at running events, DIM 2019 will be going cup-less, which means that those plastic cups that runners use to take a shot of water will not be available. Let’s face it, we have all seen what a waster those cups are, and one single sip for a whole cup is ridiculous.
At the beginning of the race, each runner is responsible for bringing their own reusable cup or water bottle. Reusable cups are small and will save thousands of cups from being used, trashed, and possibly blown away littering our beautiful route.
We know this is not purely GREEN RUN yet, but here in DIM 2019,we are taking the initiative to make it happen.
Rules and Regulations to be posted soon